How to cook light-salted tomatoes: the best recipes, useful tips
Winter preservation from various vegetables, including tomatoes, is popular in our country, but vinegar, which is used for this, is quite aggressive for the gastric mucosa. This raises the question of what to do for those who want to enjoy spicy tomatoes, but do not want to deal with vinegar. In this case, it is recommended to pay attention to different salts, the recipes of which are described in our article.
How to choose and prepare tomatoes for salting?
For a similar method, tomatoes with a hard peel and dense pulp are chosen. Cream varieties are ideal. Both ripe and green fruits are suitable for salting, however, it is important that they all be of equal maturity. In addition, they should be approximately the same size.
The best recipes for lightly salted tomatoes
Among the huge number of well-known recipes, there are several proven by time. We invite everyone to get acquainted with them in more detail.
Did you know? In Georgia, salted green tomatoes are a fairly popular dish due to their aroma and crunch.
Everyone can make salting in the most traditional way.For a similar look use the following components:
- tomatoes - 5 kg;
- water - 5 l;
- garlic - 10 cloves;
- bay leaf - 10 pcs.;
- horseradish root - 1 pc.;
- allspice - 20 pcs.;
- salt - 300 g.
The cooking process is as follows:
- Banks are treated with hot water or sterilized.
- Fruits and greens are washed.
- Spice is placed at the bottom of the containers, and then half-filled with tomatoes.
- Spice and remaining fruits are again placed on top.
- The brine is prepared from water and salt. It is thoroughly mixed until the salt is completely dissolved and poured into jars.
- Cover with lids and leave for a day in a warm room to start the fermentation process.
- After the darkening of the brine, clean up the cellar or other room with a low temperature.
- Tomatoes will be ready after 1.5 months.
For those who want to deliciously and quickly pickle tomatoes, this recipe will be suitable. He needs the following ingredients:
- tomatoes - 2 kg;
- sugar - 200 g;
- garlic - 1 head;
- dill - 1 bunch;
- salt - 100 g;
- hot pepper - 1 pinch.
The cooking process is as follows:
- For uniform salting, you need to choose fruits of the same size and grade.
- They are washed and dried.
- Spices are laid out at the bottom, and then tomatoes are cut in half.
- Spread the rest of the spices on top.
- Brine is prepared from water, salt and sugar. It is put on fire and boiled for 5 minutes.
- Then the hot is poured into cans, and, having closed the lids, left for 1 day.
- Then they are moved to a refrigerator or cellar.
The dish is ready after 3 days.
In the package
For this recipe you need to take the following components:
- tomatoes - 1 kg;
- salt - 1 tbsp. l;
- sugar - 0.5 tbsp;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- greens to taste;
- package - 2 pcs.
- Tomatoes are washed and dried.
- Cut the tail with the peduncle, and on the other hand make a cruciform incision.
- Chop garlic finely, do the same with greens.
- Put greens and tomatoes in a bag.
- Top with spices and tie a bag.
- The bag is left in a deep plate in a warm room, while occasionally shaking the contents.
- After 60 minutes you can already try, but the highest taste is acquired after 2 days.
Such tomatoes are stored in a different container with a lid, which is placed in the refrigerator.
In the pan
A salty and at the same time spicy appetizer prepared according to the proposed recipe will not leave anyone indifferent. It can be served with different dishes.Salted tomatoes can also be cooked in a pan. To do this, prepare the following ingredients:
- tomatoes - 1 kg;
- garlic - 4 cloves;
- water - 1 l;
- sugar - 10 g;
- salt - 30 g;
- currant leaves - 3 pcs.;
- horseradish - 1 pc.;
- dill - 2 umbrellas;
- allspice - 10 peas.
Prepare the recipe as follows:
- The fruits are washed and with the help of toothpicks they make punctures on them.
- Garlic cut into plates.
- Wash greens.
- Spices and herbs are spread at the bottom of the tank, and tomatoes are placed on top.
- Marinade is prepared from water, spices. It is put on fire and brought to a boil. Hold for 5 minutes, cool slightly.
- Pour the appetizer and leave it warm for a day.
For lovers of pungency, before pouring brine, you can add a pod of hot pepper, which is previously cut into pieces.
With garlic and herbs
Tomatoes cooked according to this recipe will become a decoration on the festive table or an ordinary family dinner. For salting, you need to have these products:
- tomatoes - 1.5 kg;
- garlic - 1.5 heads;
- dill - 1.5 bunches;
- salt - 160 g;
- sugar - 60 g;
- water - 2 l;
- laurel - 5 leaves;
- allspice - 5 peas.
Did you know? Dried tomatoes have more benefits than fresh ones. Moreover, to obtain 1 kg of such fruits, more than 8 kg of fresh fruits will be required.
Make salting as follows:
- The fruits are washed, the stalks are removed and cruciform incisions are made.
- Mix grated garlic and chopped herbs.
- The resulting mixture is filled with tomatoes.
- Marinade is prepared from water and spices. It is put on fire, and after boiling it is immediately removed.
- Allow time to cool.
- Fruits are placed in the selected container notches up.
- Pour brine and leave in the refrigerator for 2 days.
At the end of time, everyone is treated.
An appetizer is prepared from the following components:
- tomatoes - 4 kg;
- water - 2.5 l;
- ground pepper - 2 g;
- mustard - 60 g;
- salt - 80 g;
- laurel - 4 pcs.;
- hot pepper - 2 g;
- currant leaves - 2 pcs.
- Take strong fruits and stack in a container.
- Between the layers place leaves of currant.
- Brine is prepared from hot water and salt. After cooling, add mustard and let it brew.
- Pour the fruits with brine, put oppression on top and put in a cool place.
Important! The absence of vinegar and heat treatment allows you to save the maximum amount of vitamins in vegetables. At the same time, sugar is also used less than in winter sunsets.
How to store and how much?
Keeping tomatoes cooked in this way is not recommended for long: after a week they can become salty. You need to do this in a cool place or refrigerator. Over time, the elasticity of the fruit will disappear.
Useful Cooking Tips
To obtain good quality salting, it is recommended to adhere to some recommendations:
- For salting, fruits of the same size are selected. Better if they are medium.
- To speed up salting time, tomatoes are pricked with toothpicks or make cross-shaped incisions.
- Salt is recommended in large containers so that they do not deteriorate from each other's pressure.
- It is better to store in the refrigerator so that they do not quickly acidify.
As can be seen from the foregoing, homemade salting is quite simple to do. Spending a little time, you can get tasty and healthy salted tomatoes.