Tomato "Nobleman": description and characteristics of the variety, especially cultivation and care
You can grow tomatoes in the greenhouse and on the open ground - each gardener chooses what is more convenient for him. Among the varieties that are popular and grow well in any conditions, include "Nobleman", which will be discussed in the article.
Characterization and description of the variety
Grade "Nobleman" is endowed with the following external indicators:
- tomato belongs to varieties with a medium early ripening period, fruits can be harvested 110 days after germination;
- the bushes are powerful, belong to the determinant type, their height is up to 100 cm;
- leaves are small, light green in color;
- heart-shaped fruits;
Important! To obtain the desired crop, it is recommended to plant no more than 4 plants on 1 m².
- the weight of tomatoes is large - up to 400 g;
- up to 10 fruits can ripen in the brush;
- ripe crimson tomatoes;
- the skin is shiny, dense, not subject to cracking;
- the flesh of the “Nobleman” tomato is sweet, fleshy, dense;
- plants are endowed with good immunity;
- the yield of the variety is high - 500 c / ha.
Advantages and disadvantages
Like any other plant, the "Nobleman" tomatoes have positive and negative sides.
- excellent taste of fruits;
- high yield;
- frost resistance;
- unpretentiousness in leaving;
- disease resistance;
- the possibility of long storage and transportation.
- systematic top dressing and loosening of the earth are required without fail;
- plants require the formation of a bush;
- need for strong watering;
- the bush needs support with a garter.
Features of planting and growing
In general, planting and further cultivation of Nobleman tomatoes does not contain difficulties, but there are moments that need to be considered in more detail.
In order for the bush to grow fully and give a good harvest, it is important to observe certain conditions:
- temperature - above 27 ° C;
- lighting - the light should be at least 12 hours a day;
- humidity is 70%.
When planting seedlings in a polycarbonate greenhouse, you need to create the following conditions for their normal growth:
- tomatoes are photophilous, for full growth they need a fairly long daylight;
- the most favorable temperature in the daytime is the range of 22–25 ° С, at night it should not fall below 16 ° С;
- optimal humidity - 60%;
Before planting tomatoes, the earth is watered with a pre-prepared solution of potassium permanganate or vitriol.
The potassium permanganate solution is used only freshly prepared. To disinfect the soil, 3 g of potassium permanganate is dissolved in a bucket of water. The prepared composition is added to the prepared wells at the rate of 1 liter in each well. For prevention, such manipulations are carried out up to 3 times per season.
Copper sulfate for cultivation is prepared by dissolving 50 g of the substance in 10 liters of water. Consumption of the resulting composition: 2 l - 1 m².
Did you know? The homeland of tomatoes is considered to be the coastal lands of Peru, where long before the advent of Europeans, this crop was grown.
To reduce the time spent on the emergence of seedlings, you can pre-germinate the seeds. You can do this in the following ways:
- Seeds are placed in warm water for several hours, then placed between layers of wet tissue. Until the sprouts appear, it is important to ensure that the tissue does not dry.
- A 10 by 100 cm strip of paper is prepared. It is moistened and seeds are laid out on top every 2 cm. Top is covered with polyethylene of the same size and rolled up. Then it is placed in the water with one edge and sprouts are expected to appear.
Seeds are planted at the end of March, in loose soil, to a depth of about 1 cm. If the selected container has no separation, it is recommended to maintain between a distance of about 2 cm between plantings. The earth is thoroughly moistened and covered with a film. Now the container is left in a warm place until emergence.
Throughout the time, the earth is watered. After the shelter is removed, and the seedlings are transferred to a place with a temperature slightly lower than the previous one - so that the plants do not stretch up. After 7 days, the seedlings are returned to a warm place.
Preparing for transplanting seedlings
An outdoor transplant is organized when the air temperature becomes stable, most often this happens from mid-May. To make plants better taken root, it is recommended to harden them. To do this, a week before transplantation, they are taken outside for several hours. Before planting, the soil is loosened and mixed with humus.
Planting seedlings in a permanent place
Despite the fact that the “Nobleman” does not suffer from temperature changes, it is recommended to plant seedlings in well-warmed up soil. Planting is carried out for about 60 days, at which time at least one flower brush should be formed.
Before planting, the containers with seedlings are carefully watered, and then the plants are carefully removed and, together with the lump, placed in a pre-dug hole. Dry soil is poured on top and slightly tamped. In conclusion, once again well watered.
How to care for tomatoes
Caring for tomatoes is also important enough for a good harvest. In addition to the light mode, it is important to observe other actions, which will be discussed later.
Fertilizer and watering
For full growth and crop formation, it is necessary to systematically fertilize the bushes with potassium and phosphorus fertilizers.
In addition, at this time it is recommended to add organics according to the following scheme:
- A week after the dive, add a solution of ammonium nitrate (5 g), superphosphate (30 g) and potassium chloride (15 g) and 10 l of water. 150 g of solution are added to each well.
- The second top dressing is carried out in two weeks. At this time, the same fertilizers are applied, only doubling the dosage.
Moisture is also important for normal growth and fruit formation.
Watering should be carried out regularly; during flowering and the formation of tomatoes, it is recommended to do this:
- in dry, hot weather - daily;
- on cloudy - once in 3 days.
Important! Watering tomatoes must be done very carefully. It is imperative to prevent moisture from entering the leaves and fruits of plants.
Shrub formation and pinching
To get a good harvest, it is important to form a bush correctly. To do this, break off the lower stepsons and remove excess foliage. Pasynkovka is carried out to remove daughter shoots on which buds have formed - otherwise the fruits will not gain weight.
Tying is just as important when growing tomatoes as is pinching. It is recommended that the stems be tied to pegs that are previously driven into the ground at a distance of 10 cm from the plants. Their height should be approximately 1.5 m.
After each watering, it is necessary to loosen the ground so that moisture evaporates less. This process can be minimized by laying mulch between the rows. Weeding from weeds should be carried out regularly so that they do not take water and nutrients from the ground.
Disease and pest resistance
"Nobleman" is quite resistant to disease and endowed with high immunity.
Despite this, as a prevention, the following manipulations should be carried out:
- remove excess moisture and observe the rules of daylight;
- so that the plants are not affected by brown spotting, use garlic infusion;
- from attacks of spider mites, use a soap solution.
Did you know? The largest tomato in the world was grown in the USA in Minnesota. Its weight was 3 kg 800 g.
Harvesting and storage
Due to the dense peel, the storage of tomatoes of this variety does not cause problems. It is possible to store incompletely ripened fruits in a cool room. To make them completely red, just take them out into the heat and after 2-3 days enjoy a wonderful taste.
Video: Tomato variety “Nobleman” grown in a greenhouse
As you can see, caring for tomatoes of this variety is simple, if you know all the features and rules. After familiarizing yourself with the information presented in our article, you should not have any problems with growing the Nobles.
Network user reviews
ADVANTAGES: delicious, meaty variety
For the second year now I have been growing this particular variety. Last year I grew several varieties of tomato from this company. I liked the Nobleman variety the most. Therefore, this year I gave preference to this particular variety. Seeds sprouted together in the spring. Seedlings grew strong. At the end of May, she planted it in a greenhouse. This tomato variety is tall, it requires herding, tying. Here such tomatoes have grown by mid-summer. Still green, but there are a lot of them. They are turning red gradually. By the end of summer, large red fruits grow. The variety is fruitful, the taste is excellent. If you cut a tomato, you can clearly see what it is inside. It is fleshy, juicy and sweet flesh. Very good in salad. I recommend everyone who grows their tomatoes to grow this variety. I am sure that you will like it.