Duck meat: benefits and harms, composition and calories
Duck meat is a delicious product that can be prepared in many ways. However, like any other product, ducklings have their own characteristics. Before eating, it is important to understand what is useful duck meat and how to eat it properly.
Both adult birds and duckling can be eaten - this applies to both domestic and wild ducks. Despite belonging to the same species, there is a significant difference between them. Wild poultry meat has less energy value and is more rigid.
The meat products of domestic ducks are slightly fatter and softer; its carcass has a relatively larger size.
Did you know? The duck was first domesticated in Mesopotamia more than 5 thousand years ago.
Both varieties of ducklings can bring both benefit and harm.
- The beneficial properties of duck meat are the following factors:
- improvement of appearance and stabilization of metabolism due to the absorption of duck fat;
- strengthening the nervous system and general condition;
- a positive effect on the potency of men;
- improvement in anemia;
- participation in the formation of cell membranes.
Harm and contraindications
- The harmful properties of duck include:
- high cholesterol;
- stiffness, which complicates digestion.
Duck duck is contraindicated in:
- liver diseases;
- gastrointestinal pathologies;
- under 3 years old.
The composition and calorie content of meat
The duck contains the following components:
- B vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B5 B6, B9), A, E;
|Calorie content||308 kcal|
Is duck meat dietary
Despite the significant beneficial properties, this type of bird does not apply to dietary. This is primarily due to the high fat content. In moderate doses with normal nutrition, this component leads only to a positive result, however, on a diet its use is extremely undesirable.
The daily intake of ducklings as a source of animal proteins and fats should be limited. For women, men, and children, the amount needed per day will vary. Below are the data when compiling a diet to maintain weight.
Normally, a woman, depending on the initial weight, should consume from 45 g to 55 g of fat per day. Thus, it is allowed to consume from 150-190 g of ducklings per day, if at the same time the amount of fat from other products is limited.Since ducklings have high fat content, it is better to limit its use during pregnancy.
Important! Before eating duck during pregnancy, it is better to find out the individual need for nutrients and consult a doctor.
Men who want to keep weight at the same level should add 55–65 g of fat to their diet. The maximum amount of ducklings consumed per day for such calculations should be from 190 g to 220 g.
Due to the high fat content, children are allowed to eat ducklings after they reach 3 years. Until this age, this product should not be given. Children over 3 years old can be introduced into the diet as domestic and wild duck.
How to choose and store duck meat
The most useful duck meat has the following properties:
- not sticky shiny skin of a slightly yellow color;
- the meat component in color is close to bright red;
- young age, which can be determined by a dry beak and light paws;
- light shade fat.
Important! It is forbidden to use expired or stored meat for a long time!
To make the duck dish tasty, you need to resort to some tricks when cooking.
- Best of all, ducklings are baked or stuffed. At the same time, products of different taste spectra, from fruits and dried fruits to nuts and cereals, can be used as minced meat.
- Be sure to rinse the carcass, and then dry thoroughly.
- When calculating the cooking time in the oven, it is recommended to follow the following rule: for each 1 kg of the main ingredient, add 45 minutes. cooking, and to the total time add 20-25 minutes. for a golden crust.
- Sliced poultry is baked for approximately 1.5 hours.
- The temperature depends on the size and softness of the ducklings.Usually in the oven it is cooked at 180-200 ° C.
Did you know? The most famous dish of this product, Peking duck, refers to Chinese cuisine and was invented in 1330.
If you do not forget about the high amount of fat and eat them wisely, your diet will be not only tasty, but also healthy.